AOL is looking for 4 PhD students in optical metrology and biomedical imaging.
AOL is also looking for a Postdoctoral researcher in biomedical optical imaging.
Welcome to Applied Optics Lab (AOL) directed by Prof. Rongguang Liang at College of Optical Sciences, The University of Arizona.
The research in AOL specializes in optical engineering and biomedical optical imaging. In the field of optical engineering we focus on:
- optical system design
- freeform optics: design fabrication, and testing
- optical metrology and 3D imaging
- computational imaging
- advanced imaging technologies
In biomedical optical imaging, we concentrate on:
- novel optical imaging techniques and devices for clinical applications
- advanced biomedical optical imaging techniques and devices for biomedical research
The applied research in AOL provides the hands-on opportunities in developing novel optical solutions, including concept generation, system design, lens design, optics fabrication, system integration, testing, and evaluation.