We are looking for Postdoctoral researchers in optical engineering and biomedical optical imaging.
Welcome to Imaging and Applied Optics Lab directed by Prof. Rongguang Liang at College of Optical Sciences, The University of Arizona.
Our research specializes in imaging technologies and optical engineering. In imaging technologies, we focus on:
- advanced imaging technologies,
- computational imaging,
- 3D imaging,
- imaging techniques and devices for clinical and medical research applications.
In optical engineering, we concentrate on:
- optical system design,
- freeform optics: design, fabrication, and testing,
- advanced manufacturing.
Current research projects
- Three-photon microscope for skin cancer imaging (ABRC)
- All-reflective microscope for hyperspectral imaging (NSF)
- On-machine metrology for precision manufacturing (NSF)
- Mobile imaging intra-oral probe for oral cancer screening (NIH)
- Multimodal intra-oral imaging system for oral cancer (NIH)
- Structured light sheet microscope (NIH)
- Two-photon endoscope for oral cancer imaging (NIH)
- 3D printed micro-objective for cancer imaging (NIH)
- Single viewpoint panoramic imaging technology for colonoscopy (NIH)
The applied research in Imaging and Applied Optics Lab provides the hands-on opportunities in developing novel optical solutions, including concept generation, system design, lens design, optics fabrication, system integration, testing, and evaluation.