The facility of Precision Freeform Optics Design, Fabrication, and Testing Facility was established in 2015, with the support from the College of Optical Sciences, University of Arizona (TRIF), and the National Institute of Health (NIH).
The facility has state-of-the-art precision fabrication and testing equipment:
- Moore Nanotech 350FG freeform generator
- Moore Nanotech 140GPM glass precision molding machine.
- CNC lathe and mill
- Zygo Newview 8300 white light interference microscope (optical surface profiler).
- Zygo Verifire™ interferometer.
- Optikos LensCheck™ Systems
- ATAGO’s multi-wavelength Abbe refractometer
Services We Provide
We provide the following services to internal and external customers:
- Design: optical design, opto-mechanical design, and system integration.
- Fabrication: precision diamond turning and molding
- Testing: surface shape and quality, geometrical dimension.
The facility currently has a full-time research engineer and three graduate students.