Winter School & Workshop 2019
The College of Optical Sciences at the University of Arizona is proud to once again host the annual Optics and Photonics Winter School and Workshop January 4-7 2019. Optical Science and Engineering are areas of growing importance that are too often missing from traditional undergraduate science and engineering curricula. Often, aspects of optics & photonics are picked up as side topics in undergraduate and graduate courses along the way to obtaining more traditional STEM degrees. The 2019 Winter School will bring together a select group of undergraduate students for an overview of foundational topics in optics and their relation to current research. The 2019 Workshop will provide a forum for both faculty and students from predominantly undergraduate institutions to share results, approaches and methodologies in optics and photonics research and education that are unique to the undergraduate setting.
- UPDATED WINTER SCHOOL AND WORKSHOP PROGRAMS NOW AVAILABLE
- Student Poster Session: prize for best student poster!
- 2019 Winter School Program
- 2019 Winter Workshop Program
- NYT article on visiting Tucson: link
- Information, pictures and videos from previous workshops available here
- Mirror lab tour: closed toe shoes required!