Winter School & Workshop 2020
The College of Optical Sciences at the University of Arizona is proud to once again host the annual Optics and Photonics Winter School and Workshop January 6-10 2020. Optical Science and Engineering are areas of growing importance that are too often missing from traditional undergraduate science and engineering curricula. Often, aspects of optics & photonics are picked up as side topics in undergraduate and graduate courses along the way to obtaining more traditional STEM degrees. The 2020 Winter School will bring together a select group of undergraduate students for an overview of foundational topics in optics and their relation to current research. The 2020 Workshop will provide a forum for both faculty and students from predominantly undergraduate institutions to share results, approaches and methodologies in optics and photonics research and education that are unique to the undergraduate setting.
- 2020 Winter School and Workshop Schedules now available!
- Student Poster Session and workshop reception Wed evening at hotel.
- Immersion Day is wednesday, Jan. 8 (click on tab above)
- Please be sure to bring proper clothing for hiking and/or exploring Tucson on Immersion Day, and closed toe shoes for tours of the Richard F Caris Mirror Lab!
- “Things to do” in Tucson website: https://www.visittucson.org/visit/things-to-do