Opti 570: Quantum Mechanics
- First day of class for Fall 2022: Tues, Aug 23, 2020. 12:30-1:45pm. Optical Sciences Room 305
- For students enrolled in OPTI 570, announcements are posted on the OPTI 570 D2L page
In-Person and Zoom help sessions
- Brian’s optional post-lecture recap/Q&A
- Tuesdays and Thursdays, approx. 1:50-2:50pm unless otherwise stated (sometimes may need to be cancelled). In person, conference room 447.
- Also recorded and posted to D2L/Panopto for distance students to watch.
- This is a great time to ask questions and gain clarity on topics discussed in that day’s lecture, which is the priority vs discussing homework problems.
- TA recitation sections
- TA: John McCauley, Optical Science PhD student. johnjmccauley [at] arizona.edu
- 5-6:30pm on most Wednesdays. This session will be held in-person in room 305 of Meinel, and will also be recorded and posted on D2L/Panopto. The zoom link is TBD (the link and password will be posted on the announcements page of the 570 D2L site).
- Ask questions about the homework due that week, or other questions about the course material
- Exams for Main Campus students will also be given during this time block, but will be two-hour exams from 5-7pm (tentative). Attendance is required during these times when exams are given, whereas recitation attendance is optional. Exams for distance students will be scheduled separately and due a few days after the in-person exams.
- Brian’s office hours
- Wednesdays 2:30-3:30 pm in person only (in Brian’s office, room 622)
- Zoom office hours for remote students. Regularly scheduled office hours for remote students are possible, but don’t seem to work very well. 1:1 scheduled Zoom meetings is preferred, and works well, but we can modify based on the needs of the remote students in the class.
- TA office hours
- In-person (only): Mondays, 10:30am-noon, conference room 554.
- Zoom: TBD.
- The Fall 2022 class will be offered IN PERSON ONLY for UA Main Campus students. Students enrolled in the in-person section are expected to attend class in person.
- The Fall 2022 class will also be offered as a Distance Learning class through Arizona Online. Students taking this class remotely must register for the Arizona Online section.
- Class time and location for the IN PERSON class: 12:30-1:45pm, Tuesdays and Thursdays, Optical Sciences room 305 (lobby area / lowest floor of the west wing)