Opti 570: Quantum Mechanics
- The Fall 2021 class will be offered IN PERSON for UA Main Campus students.
- The Fall 2021 class will also be offered as a Distance Learning class through Arizona Online. Students taking this class remotely must register for the Arizona Online section.
- Class time and location for the IN PERSON class: 12:30-1:45pm, Tuesdays and Thursdays, Optical Sciences room 305 (lobby area / lowest floor of the west wing)
In-Person and Zoom help sessions
- Brian’s optional post-lecture recap/Q&A
- Tuesdays and Thursdays, approx. 2-2:45pm unless otherwise stated (sometimes will need to be cancelled). In person, conference room 447. Wear masks!
- Also live over Zoom, and recorded and posted to D2L/Panopto. Zoom link: https://arizona.zoom.us/j/89841045969 (See announcements on the D2L course page for the password).
- Time to ask questions and gain clarity on topics discussed in that day’s lecture
- Will’s recitation sections
- 4-5:30pm on most Wednesdays. This session will be held in-person in room 432 of Meinel, and will also be available live over Zoom (and recorded). The zoom link is https://arizona.zoom.us/j/87478104223 (See announcements on the D2L course page for the password).
- Ask questions about the homework due that week, or other questions about the course material
- Exams for Main Campus students will also be given during this time block, but will be two-hour exams from 4-6pm. Attendance is required during these times when exams are given, whereas recitation attendance is optional.
- Brian’s office hours
- Wednesdays 2:30-3:30 pm in person only (in Brian’s office)
- Zoom office hours for remote students ONLY: https://arizona.zoom.us/j/82411595624 (See announcements on the D2L course page for the password, same password as for post-lecture recaps, but not the same as for Will’s recitation sections).
- Will’s office hours