Quantum Computing Intern (Advanced Degree) – Santa Clara, CA | Applied Materials
Applied Materials is the leader in materials engineering solutions used to produce virtually every new chip and advanced display in the world. Our expertise in modifying materials at atomic levels and on an industrial scale helps our customers – who make smartphones, supercomputers, virtual reality headsets, autonomous vehicles and more – transform their ideas into reality. Our innovations Make Possible® a Better Future.
Inside our company, we apply the idea of make possible as we work together. We value our people and teams who turn possibilities into reality by advancing our strategy, accomplishing great things and empowering others. We are deeply committed to fostering a Culture of Inclusion where every person knows they belong, feels empowered to bring their whole self to work, and is inspired to grow.
If you’re looking for a great place to grow your career, consider Applied Materials. With the data explosion and new investment in semiconductors, it’s an exciting place to be.
Applied Materials’ Office of the CTO is searching for an intern to join our team 2024! The Office of the CTO pursues new and adjacent markets through materials engineering. We are looking for a passionate technologist combined with a business-savvy personality to bring an actionable and impactful plan for commercializing new technologies developed in our growing team. The position will entail the following:
- Synthesize industry landscape, competitors, alternative technologies, and recommend go-to-market strategies & innovative business models
- Perform rigorous analysis to address business-critical questions (e.g., market sizing, cost analysis, economic value-added analysis, technology diffusion, forecasting, alternative scenarios)
- Support business development activities and engagements
- Pursuing an Advanced Degree in Physics, Electrical Engineering, or related field. Working towards an MBA or PhD a plus
- Able to delve into new technologies quickly, read and understand research articles
- Organized and love to work with people
- Proven record in market analysis, segmentation, and use cases
- Able to understand customer challenges and pain points and work directly with technology groups to visualize possible solutions/products
- Strong PowerPoint and communication skills
- Background in data center space, networking technologies, or semiconductor is a plus
Applied Materials is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law.