Principal Scientist | MKS Instruments, Newport
MKS Instruments is a global provider of instruments, subsystems and process control solutions that measure, monitor, deliver, analyze, power and control critical parameters of advanced manufacturing processes to improve process performance and productivity for our customers. Additional information can be found at www.mks.com.
We are looking for an exceptional Principal Scientist to join our every growing Vacuum Solutions Division (VSD). Our Vacuum Solutions division products are derived from our core competencies in pressure measurement and control, flow measurement and control, gas and vapor delivery, gas composition analysis, electronic control technology, reactive gas generation and delivery, power generation and delivery, and vacuum technology.
You are responsible for:
- Identifying performance limitations in state-of-the-art vacuum measurement equipment and drive the technology to new levels.
- Working with internal and external customers to deploy a new optics-based primary pressure metrology standard being co-developed with the us National Institute of Standards.
- Representing MKS at international industry and metrology conferences to continue and grow our brand leadership in vacuum pressure measurement.
- Working with product development teams to leverage our metrology and calibration expertise into new, industry-leading products.
What will you bring to the team, along with your curiosity:
- Master or PhD (preferred) in Engineering, Physics, Physical Chemistry or related field
- 8+ or more years of relevant experience
- Knowledge and experience in statistical methods of data analysis
- Experience with LabVIEW and Python programming.
- Experience in optic and lasers a plus
- Experience in vacuum technology a plus
- Ability to work independently and with cross-functional teams.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
MKS is an equal opportunity employer, including disability, veteran status and all categories protected by law. Please review our EOE statements for additional details.
We are interested in a qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we will not be sponsoring work visas for this position, at this time.
Globally, our policy is to recruit individuals from wide and diverse backgrounds. However, certain positions require access to controlled goods and technologies subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or Export Administration Regulations (EAR). Applicants for these positions may need to be “U.S. persons.” “U.S. persons” are generally defined as U.S. citizens, noncitizen nationals, lawful permanent residents (or, green card holders), individuals granted asylum, and individuals admitted as refugees.
MKS Instruments, Inc. and its affiliates and subsidiaries (“MKS”) is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer: diverse candidates are encouraged to apply. We win as a team and are committed to recruiting and hiring qualified applicants regardless of race, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions), religion, age, ancestry, physical or mental disability or handicap, marital status, membership in the uniformed services, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, or any other category protected by applicable law. Hiring decisions are based on merit, qualifications and business needs. We conduct background checks and drug screens, in accordance with applicable law and company policies.
MKS is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation during the application or interview process due to a disability, please contact us at: accommodationsatMKS@mksinst.com .
If applying for a specific job, please include the requisition number (ex: RXXXX), the title and location of the role