Optical Systems Engineer | Apple
We live in a mobile and device driven world where knowledge of the physical world around us is needed. We rely on this knowledge to get around, to learn about our environment and to enable spectacular new features for custom applications. Apple is meeting those needs as robustly and as creatively as possible and is interested in people who want to help meet that commitment. The success we are striving will be the result of very skilled people working in an environment which cultivates creativity, partnership, and thinking of old problems in new ways. If that sounds like the kind of environment that you find intriguing, then let's talk. These elements come together to make Apple an amazing environment for motivated people to do the greatest work of their lives. You will become part of a team that sets the standard in fostering excellence, creativity and innovation. Will you help us design the next generation of revolutionary Apple products?
The Camera Hardware Engineering group is responsible for all research, design, development, test and qualification of camera hardware for Apple products. The team is looking for an Optical Engineer to develop and support custom lens design and development.
- Resourceful, prepared to champion your work in front of a large group, ready to take initiative, enjoys working in cross-functional teams
- Experience in lens design, tolerance analysis
- Experience in Stray light analysis
- Proficiency with ZEMAX, CODE V, FRED, LightTools, etc.
- Ability to perform comprehensive optical and image quality characterization of the lens and the camera module
- Ability to communicate optical design decisions to multi-functional teams
- Experience making difficult design decisions with limited information
- Ability to analyze production data and extract relevant data
- Collaborate with the assembly and packaging groups to support integration of camera lens into module
- Work on new lens designs, characterization and integration into CMOS imager sensor based camera modules.
- Complete analysis of the optical element's influence on the image quality characteristics of the camera module.
- Work with suppliers on prototype design and manufacturing.
- Troubleshoot issues with suppliers by defining proper metrology, requesting and analyzing the necessary data, and making a decision on the solution.
- Communicate your design decision to the cross-functional team.
- Drive your own schedule without a large overhead.
- Take design into production.