Optical Metrology Engineer Intern (Advanced Degree) – Summer 2024 | Applied Materials
Applied Materials, Inc. is the global leader in materials engineering solutions used to produce virtually every new chip and advanced display in the world. Our expertise in modifying materials at atomic levels and on an industrial scale enables customers to transform possibilities into reality. At Applied Materials, our innovations make possible the technology shaping the future.
Applied Materials’ CTO office is searching for an intern to join our Engineered Optics team in summer 2024. We are focusing on the design, manufacturing and characterization of the AR (Augmented Reality) display units, including light source, relay optics, beam combiner etc.
- Design, develop and operate optical metrology for optical components of AR displays
- Assist with optical characterization on diffractive optical elements
- Pursuing an advanced degree in Optical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Physics, or related field
- Good academic standing with a preferred GPA of 3.0 or above on a 4.0 scale
- Programing experience in Python and Matlab
- Optical experiment experience
- Good understanding of physics
- Flexible and adaptable mindset
Applied Materials is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law.