2024 Summer Undergraduate Intern/Co-op – Technical Marketing Engineering | MKS Instruments, Newport
Spectra-Physics, Ophir, Newport and ESI are brands within the MKS Instruments Photonics Solutions division. We provide a full range of solutions including lasers for precision industrial and scientific research applications, laser and LED measurement, beam profiling, precision motion control, optical tables and vibration isolation systems, photonics instruments, temperature sensing, opto-mechanical components, optical elements, and systems for flexible PCB laser processing, high-speed MLCC testing, and CO2-laser-based systems HDI PCB and IC substrate manufacturing. MKS Photonics Solutions enhance our customers’ capabilities and productivity in the semiconductor, advanced electronics and specialty industrial markets.
Undergraduate Intern / Co-op Program Overview-
- 6 month intern/co-op opportunity within the Catalog Optics Marketing Department of MKS Instruments. We provide students a comprehensive and engaging experience from before your program starts to after the program ends.
- Meaningful work and project assignments.
- Networking opportunities with peers and executives.
- Exposure to different divisions of the business.
- Understanding of MKS Instruments’ commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
We are looking for an exceptional Marketing Engineering Intern who can work on projects for competitive marketing intelligence, specifications analysis and comparisons, and assist with custom quote processing
- Optimize internal processes
- Test optics in a laboratory environment
- Trade show lab organization
- Market research on trends and competitors
What will you bring to the team, along with your curiosity is:
- Availability to start full-time in Irvine, with opportunity to transition to part-time and hybrid work through the Fall/Winter
- Junior or Senior undergrad student
- Enrolled in Bachelor's Degree program for Optical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Aerospace, or Biomed
- Proficient with Office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Experience with programming
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work independently and is detail oriented
Compensation and Benefits:
Hourly Pay Range: $18.00 to $28.00 per hour. This range is a good faith estimate of the expected salary range for this position, based on a wide range of factors including qualifications, experience and training, operational and business needs and other considerations permitted by law. At MKS, it is not typical for an individual to be hired at or near the top of the range for the role.
Benefits: MKS offers a benefits package for interns/co-ops working at least 20 hours per week, including 11 paid holidays, sick time, and 15 paid vacation days accrued on a biweekly basis.
MKS is an equal opportunity employer, including disability, veteran status and all categories protected by law. Please review our EOE statements for additional details.
Globally, our policy is to recruit individuals from wide and diverse backgrounds. However, certain positions require access to controlled goods and technologies subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or Export Administration Regulations (EAR). Applicants for these positions may need to be “U.S. persons.” “U.S. persons” are generally defined as U.S. citizens, noncitizen nationals, lawful permanent residents (or, green card holders), individuals granted asylum, and individuals admitted as refugees.
MKS Instruments, Inc. and its affiliates and subsidiaries (“MKS”) is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer: diverse candidates are encouraged to apply. We win as a team and are committed to recruiting and hiring qualified applicants regardless of race, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions), religion, age, ancestry, physical or mental disability or handicap, marital status, membership in the uniformed services, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, or any other category protected by applicable law. Hiring decisions are based on merit, qualifications and business needs. We conduct background checks and drug screens, in accordance with applicable law and company policies.
MKS is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation during the application or interview process due to a disability, please contact us at: accommodationsatMKS@mksinst.com .
If applying for a specific job, please include the requisition number (ex: RXXXX), the title and location of the role