Welcome to the research group of Prof. R. Jason Jones located within the James C. Wyant College of Optical Sciences at the University of Arizona. Our research spans a broad range of interests from precision spectroscopy with fs frequency combs, development of next generation optical atomic clocks, to ultrafast laser science.
- Reagan R.D. Weeks, et al, “Multi-species temperature and number density analysis of a laser-produced plasma using dual-comb spectroscopy, ” J. Appl. Phys. 131, 223103 (2022); https://doi.org/10.1063/5.0094213
- Ryan Rhoades, Reagan R.D. Weeks, Seth Erickson, Caroline Lecaplain, S. Harilal, M. C. Philips, and R.J. Jones, ” Dual-comb absorption spectroscopy of molecular CeO in a laser-produced plasma,” Optics Lett. 47, 2502 (2022).
- Daniel Upcraft, Andrew Schaffer, Connor Fredrick, Daniel Mohr, Nathan Parks, Andrew Thomas, Ella Sievert, Austin Riedemann, Chad W Hoyt, R Jason Jones, “Ultrafast optics with a mode-locked erbium fiber laser in the undergraduate laboratory,” American Journal of Physics 89, 1152 (2021).
- “Measurement of neutral gadolinium oscillator strengths using dual-comb absorption spectroscopy in laser-produced plasmas,” Spectrochimica Acta Part B: Atomic Spectroscopy (2021).
“Burst-mode dual-comb spectroscopy,” Optics Letters 46, 860 (2021)
- “VECSEL-based virtually imaged phased array spectrometer for rapid gas phase detection in the mid-infrared,” Optics Letters 45, 5796 (2020).
“Time-resolved dual-comb measurement of number density and temperature in a laser-induced plasma,” Optics Letters 44, 3458 (2019)
Dual-comb spectroscopy of laser-induced plasma’s, Nature Communications (2018)
Colloquium lecture by Prof. Jones on femtosecond frequency combs from the IR to the XUV
XUV FS FREQUENCY COMBS. Learn More →
Frequency comb spectroscopy of laser-induced plasma’s
Optical Atomic Clock Development Learn More →
ULTRAFAST SCIENCE. Learn More →