Project Manager Level IV | Edmund Optics
Edmund Optics, an industry leader in the design, manufacturing, and sale of precision optics and optical components for over 80 years is hiring! As a global, family-owned company, employees are key to our success. Our culture is at the heart of everything we do, and the company’s Core Values demonstrate our commitment to act as one family, do what is best for the customer, drive innovation through continuous improvement, and to be proud of what we do. As we work to continue to be technological leaders in the industry, we seek those who are prepared to learn, engage, grow, and enable the future through optics.
A Project Manager, Level IV is responsible for managing multiple assigned larger or higher complexity projects within Edmund Optics. These projects will typically involve the development of multi-element optical assemblies with a variety of design, manufacturing, and testing considerations. Project Manager, Level IV develop and manage all aspects of project and program engagement as well as monitor, track, and adjust outcomes to ensure those projects are proceeding as planned. They work directly with a variety of internal departments, and the customer, to define design and testing specifications. They take ownership of activities across global facilities from initiation to production. In addition, they contribute to the growth of the project management group and regularly participate with the training, development, and mentorship of earlier career Project Managers.
- Manage multiple assigned larger or higher complexity projects that span one or multiple business lines or critical programs
- Develop and manage all aspects of project engagement from planning, customer relationships, communications, budget, change, risks, and issues
- Full project life cycle ownership: successful project delivery will include full implementation from initiation to full production deployment across global facilities
- Define the statement of work, specifications, and test requirements by directly interfacing with product line management, business line lead, or external customer
- Ensure that projects are proceeding according to scope, schedule, budget, and quality standards
- Monitor, track, and adjust outcomes to resolve issues, conflicts, dependencies and critical path deliverables
- Lead project meetings and provide status reporting regarding project milestones, deliverables, dependencies, risks, and issues, to customers and management
- Contribute to practices, templates, policies, tools, and procedures to expand and mature these capabilities for the organization
- Regularly participate in internal training, development, and mentorship of earlier career Project Managers
- Comply with federal, state, and company policies, procedures, and regulations
To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident (green card holder)
- Extensive understanding of project management principles, methods, and techniques
- Extensive ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment demonstrating teamwork, innovation, and excellence
- Flexible with extensive ability to conform to shifting priorities, demands, and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities
- Extensive understanding of assembly models, drawings, work orders, and work instructions
- Ability and desire to work in a collaborative environment and fast-growing team
- Extensive ability to communicate and interact effectively with customers and various levels of technical staff
- Extensive ability to handle conflict resolution and negotiation
- PC skills: Excel, Word, Project & familiarity with mechanical and optical design software
- 8+ years previous experience or equivalent in project management
- Minimum BS in Optics, Engineering or related field
Ability to sit or stand for long periods of time; ability to travel; work in office setting
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Think you meet some of the requirements but not all? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs for which they do not meet every qualification. If you see a role that interests you, we encourage you to apply, regardless of whether or not your experience is completely aligned with the job description. Edmund Optics is committed to becoming the most diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace within the Optics and Photonics Industry and beyond. You may be a great candidate for this role or others within Edmund Optics.