Optical Engineer Intern I | Alcon
Inquire about this Opportunity at the Corporate Showcase, 10/23
Point of Contact: abbey.brewer@Alcon.com
As the global leader in eye care, Alcon has built a rich history of providing innovative products to customers and patients all over the world. We’re extremely proud of our legacy and the significant way we’ve helped to shape the industry over the last 70 years, but we’re just getting started. Our relentless passion to eliminate unmet medical needs drives our pursuit to further advance eye health worldwide. We’re looking for exceptionally talented, driven people who want to make a difference. If you’d like to help us change the way the world sees, this is your chance to Be Brilliant!
- Title: Optical Engineer Intern
- Degree/area of student
- Master or Ph.D. candidates (preferred)
- Area: Optics/Optical Engineering, biomedical imaging, Vision Science, Optometry, Physics, Electrical Engineering, or related major
- Specific skills/competencies/traits required for this role
- Experience with Optical Design software, such as Zemax or equivalent
- Data analysis experience, specifically with Matlab, labview, C, C++ or related
- Experience with Imaging systems such as Optical Coherence Tomography (OCT) or Confocal Scanning Ophthalmoscope, a plus
- Experience with Optical Metrology or characterization, a plus
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Project information
- Support Alcon visualization and diagnostics projects.
- Support the design, development, testing and characterization of optical systems, modules/sub-modules.